There are many things that you can do to increase traffic to your website such as hiring SEO services, creating an effective digital marketing campaign, generating meaningful content, but all of this will not be useful if you don't deindex phantom domains from search engines. These are directing customers to old or inexistent domains and sending them to pages with errors. They are bad for business and affect the performance of your website. You need to get rid of them as soon as possible. This article will give you step by step instructions on how to deindex phantom domains.
Let me read it to you.
What are Phantom Domains and How do they affect my Website?
Phantom Domains are URLs that don't exist anymore. You need to remove these pages so that they don't appear when people search for your website. They can occur due to weak domain authority and you need to eliminate them from google searches by deindexing them. Search engines don't look for each website separately. They check their indexes and display the websites that they have already indexed. You need to manually deindex phantom domains to avoid them reappearing and improve the ranking of your website.
How do you Deindex Phantom Domains?
Here are some simple steps you need to follow to deindex phantom domains.
- First, you need to identify all the phantom domains that may exist and make a list. There can be one or more of these and it is necessary to classify them using a google spreadsheet or excel document to organize them better.
- Then you need to make an HTML file that will command search engines to not index the phantom domains. You need to add this to the file path of the phantom domain.
- After you do this, you need to check the domain in the search box of google by entering https://google.com/webmasters, choose the option “Add a Property”, type the URL of the Phantom Domain, prove your ownership by completing the verification method.
- Then you can use the “Fetch Tool” in the Search Console to manually index your pages and let google know of the changes you made.
- You can also enter the Search Console and choose the “The Remove URLs Tool” and click on the option “Temporary Hide” and type the phantom domain that you need to eliminate.
- Finally, search your website again and verify that the phantom domains don't appear.
These instructions are very effective because it uses two types of deindexing methods to eliminate phantom domains. We advise you that you monitor your website and check once in a while if other phantom domains appear or the ones you erased reappear. Don't let phantom domains contaminate your websites.
Visit https://www.kickstart-marketingagency.com/ for more useful tips and articles related to website management and digital marketing strategies to help increase traffic towards your website and attract customers.
Kick Start Marketing Agency
6241 C.R. 734 Center Hill Fl 33514